HEART AND SEOUL
July 10 - 17, 2005
Dear Family,
Here is some startling news. We have not gone daft nor lost our marbles, but we are going to write a book. Early this month your father woke up two or three nights in a row followed by impressions in the temple with a deep concern of leaving this world with stacks of information and bits and pieces of partially illegible notes and biographies relating to our ancestors. Then the other morning, your mother awakened him with the question: "Why don't we write a book?" I replied, "Why do you suggest such a thing?" She intern said: "I don't know, I just had a feeling we should". That statement confirmed to both of us that we indeed should write a book and to reject these prompting's would leave us accountable to it's source.
We will, understandably, be handicapped in lack of access to much of the information that will have to wait until we get home, but we do have the advantage of time and the internet.
Understanding the format may give you a feel of what this book will contain and the value it will be to not only yourselves but your children and their children.
The central figures of this book will be the second great-grandparents of you children (your fifth generation). This means there will be eight chapters in Part 3 relating to your Patriarchal line and eight chapters in Part 4 relating to your Matriarchal line which gives a total of sixteen chapters devoted to these grandparents lives. Part 1 and Part 2 will give introduction to the conditions that existed in the early part of the 1800's to help you relate to their circumstances. The last, Part 5, will contain appendages consisting of your own life stories and those of more recent ancestors.
Never having tackled such a project before, leaves us open to your suggestions which we will appreciate.
All our love,
Mom & Dad

2 Comments:
We think this is a great idea! If I get the gist of your letter, this will be fiction, right? That way, perhaps it could be a best seller!
Actually, it sounds like it could be a great asset to future generations. I'm even going to learn the song, "I Could Write a Book," in honor of it. I used to proof-read manuscripts, perhaps that could be my contribution.
Ann (and Dan)
Thanks Ann, we'll take you up on proof-reading for your contribution.
In regards to fiction, that which we can varify, we will and that which we cannot will remain legend.
In honor of the publication celebration, we will have you sing "I Could Write a Book" and what a celebration that will be!
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home