Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Greeting from California!

Hello everyone! This is so great to be able to hear from family members everywhere! I'm REALLY excited that so many are getting on board--what a super way to keep in touch. I love reading all the messages, and it makes me feel closer to 'home.'

Our little family is doing really great here in California. Anna is turning two this weekend! She is so tall that I'm frequently asked if she and Adam are twins. She is hilarious and LOVES to sing--everything from primary songs to Annie songs to Disney songs--she belts them out all day long! She also has a newfound love of taking off her clothes.

Adam will be four in July. He loves preschool, playing fireman, spiderman, and is quite into Harry Potter stories (as told by mom, or should I say Grandpa Dan who started the whole magic thing when he was here visiting a couple of weeks ago). He's starting to read and write, and is very curious about how things work. That must come from his scientist father.

Trevor finally finished school last year with his PhD in physics. He really likes work and works really hard. I can brag about him since he won't read this until it's too late--he's been publishing several papers and has several more in the works. He hopes to one day, sooner than later, end up in academia teaching at a University, preferrably in Utah. In the meantime, he's working at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory with much of his experiments going on at Stanford and UC Berkeley. Trevor is the scoutmaster in our ward, so that's where much of his free time is spent. He broke his hand quite badly in February, had to have surgery and a lot of therapy, but it is doing better--slowly but surely.

I am a happy and busy mom trying to channel the energy of Adam and Anna. My energy is spent keeping the two cuties happy and from destroying our house (we bought our first home last July). I'm trying to learn how to garden in California and it's a good thing that almost anything grows here. I work as a post-surgical nurse one day a week (Saturday afternoon/evening), and am a counselor in the Primary Presidency.

Well, there's our family update. I'm going to leave it up to Trevor to figure out how to post pictures--he's the computer guru here. Hope everyone is doing well--keep the blogs coming!

Love you all!
Lisa

1 Comments:

At 3:54 AM, Blogger hvmch said...

Understand well the energy of little ones...Thanks for your imput on blogger so great to hear of your family. We hope it's Utah too, Trevor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home