Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"HEART AND SEOUL" May 3 - 9

"HEART"

The highlight of this past week was Mother's Day. Your mother was overwhelmed with the thoughtful messages and tributes paid to her by you children. The day was a typical Mother's Day Sunday with a potted plant presented in our block meeting and an invitation to dinner by Elder and Sisther Hess. All of your messages were so welcome and meaningful. One that had a particular meaning was from Ed who expressed his love for his siblings as well as his mother. Trusting that he won't feel we violated a private expression, we are quoting from some of his Mothers Day message. "Just look at the great kids you have which are a direct product of a great mother. I mean that sincerely. When I look at each of my brothers and sisters and their families it gives me great joy to think I am a part of such a great family. I love and respect each of them and really look up to them in so many ways. These are some of the lessons that I have learned from my mother through her great children. Take Dave for instance. I know that we have had some minor issues regarding business in the past. But, that has never diminished my love and respect for him. Dave has taught me a lot about not giving up on anything. He has accomplished so much in his life and when I see how he continues to endure all that he does with work, his health and his family it really makes me proud. Dan has always been the "rock"...steady and determined in everything he does. He never waivers from the truth and understands his role as father and husband and remains calm and in control no matter what the situation is. Then there are my sweet sisters who both are very much like their mother in the way that they raise their families. They are both truly an inspiration to me. Susan is so kind and caring and wants only the best for her children. She is very active in their lives and sacrifices much to make sure their needs are taken care of first. Nancy is much the same way and I love her absolute love for life. I wish I had her energy. I also admire the great faith she has in the Lord. Actually when I really think about it all of my brothers and sisters have that great trait." More was said, but this we felt expressed the feelings each of you have for one another and your mother just wanted you to know how greatful she is that you have so much love...that is what Mother's Day is all about.

"SEOUL"

How we love the missionaries. The events of last week helped us more deeply appreciate our sons and grandchildren who have served and are serving and will yet serve missions for the Lord. Last week eight young men came down from Russia to renew their visa's. They could have spent their two days sight-seeing, shopping or relaxing, but instead every day we saw them serving in the temple from morning until night doing baptisms, initiatories, two or three endowment sessions and yes, even coming into your dad's sealing sessions.
They were completely unsupervised except for their travel leader and showed their maturity and love for the gospel thru their actions.
Your father had the opportunity to tell them that if it were his right to choose a group of young men with whom his grandsons could serve, it would be just such a group. We are so grateful for Jacob,
Trent and Curtis who represent our family in the same way that these young men are serving. The "raising of the Bar" has produced a generation of the finest missionaries the world has ever seen. Doesn't it make you feel good to know that you are all part of a family dedicated to missions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home