HEART AND SEOUL December 4 - 11,2005
HEART
Dear Family,
This has been a most interesting week. I, your father, after 77 years spent some time in the hospital. During the night Thursday, breathing was so difficult and hurt so bad the only alternative was not breathing so I new for a certainty that I had to have medical help. Ten days later, I feel I am on the mend and will be as good as new before long.
In case you were wondering, the Seoul Severance Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in the world with facilities, staff and equipment unsurpassed. For instance in the newly completed wing there are five MRI machines in just that building alone. Many of the Drs. and some of the nurses have received their education and training in America. All that I met seemed highly qualified.
Having been relieved of the terrible discomfort and finding no malfunction of heart and lungs I expected to go home on Monday the 5th. But then, one of the Drs. observed from the MRI a small growth on my liver which appeared benign but felt that additional MRI should be given of the whole liver and couldn't be done until the next day. There it was discovered a little larger growth. They wanted to keep me there until Friday but consented to my returning home and coming back this coming Friday for final tests.
I inquired and found that my medical records including those on a C.D. that can be retrieved by me when I go home which may alleviate further MRI's at home.
So that is the story of all the commotion and I continue to thank you for your prayers in my behalf.
Love, Dad
SEOUL
In a country which is predominantly non Christian, Christmas is still a solid holiday. So far they have not been infected by the anti-Christ bug that we hear so much going on in America. Many of the stores are decorated as brightly and profusely as you would see in downtown Salt Lake.
As we have mentioned, we have had our Christmas decorations consisting of a well lit two foot tree adorned with ribbons, red star garland and brightly lighted star at the top. The tree sets on a snow mound with snow man & snow girl. The entrance door also has a small decoration to welcome people.
We are glad that our Christmas shopping is done since the temperature has not risen above freezing since our three inch snow a week ago.
The Christmas spirit has really been felt among our friends here this past week. Many acts of kindness and love and gifts have been bestowed upon us. Prior to my illness we had planned an Open House for our fellow missionaries in our apartment and it went very well but your mother had to carry it out in my absense.

3 Comments:
We're sure your apartment there carries the same Christmas Spirit that you had in your home and in the cabin. We miss you and your holiday spirit, but will remember you well at the Lion House, and look forward to next year. Take care, we all love you!
Thanks Dan & Ann for that sweet comment. We too are looking forward to next year at the Lion House.
Thanks Dan & Ann for that sweet comment. We too are looking forward to next year at the Lion House.
Post a Comment
<< Home